Create virtual chemical reactions with the Museum of Science and Industry Chicago’s online and mobile interactive periodic tables!
Experiment with chemistry virtually with goREACT, either online or through a free mobile app. In this drag-and-drop laboratory, combine elements from the periodic table to create chemical reactions and discover the chemistry in the world around you!
With goREACT, you can become a virtual chemist. Whether you’re a novice or expert, the free play and guided modes make it fun and fascinating.
- Initiate nearly 300 virtual chemical reactions by dragging elements into the Reaction Area.
- Colorful images and videos illustrate the molecules you create.
- Select alternate views of the periodic table to discover different aspects of the elements’ chemical properties.
- Select any of the periodic table’s 118 elements to see an image and fun fact about it.
- With helpful hints about reactions to try, there’s always something exciting to explore.
- Featured Reactions menus guide you through themed sets of chemical reactions related to particular applications, such as the environment, beauty products, or cars.
- Learn more about how the periodic table is organized, and follow links to additional educational resources.