You are invited to join other teachers and nuclear professionals to explore the basics about radiation and the uses of nuclear science and technology in society. Learn about demonstrations suitable for the classroom and experience hands-on activities to share with your students.
Click to View
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2016
Location: Hyatt Regency New Orleans / 601 Loyola Ave, New Orleans, LA 70113
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Registration fees (05/07- 05/27): $95.00
Final deadline for registration, Friday, May 27
SPACE IS LIMITED: Advanced registration is required
Online registration form
Mail in registration form
- FULL DAY of Hands-on Professional Development.
- Earn eight (8) contact hours of training.
- Take home a Geiger counter (CD-V 700) upon completion of workshop.
- Receive a copy of the new ANS Teacher Resource Guide with activities, experiments, and visual aides.
- Meet and talk with nuclear science and technology professionals.
- Dr. Mary Lou Dunzik-Gougar, Asst. Prof. Nuclear Engineering, Idaho State University and Research Scientist, Idaho National Laboratory
- Ms. Candace C. Davison, SRO, Research/Ed Specialist, Penn State University
- Bill Wabbersen, Facility Evaluation Board, SRNS /Member of ANS Savannah River Local Section